Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Jeff Speakman Kenpo Online Academy LLC, the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by Clauses 1, 2, 4 – 11 and 15 – 25 of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. Clauses 3 and 12 – 14 apply only to the sale of Services. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account”: means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Website;
“Content”: means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
“Facilities”: means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Jeff Speakman Kenpo Online Academy LLC makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
“JSKOA LLC”: means Jeff Speakman Kenpo Online Academy LLC, ADDRESS; 23B Windspirit Rd, Santa Fe NM 87505;
“Services”: means the services available to you through this Website, specifically use of the Jeff Speakman Kenpo Online Academy LLC proprietary e-learning platform;
“Payment Information”: means any details required for the purchase of Services from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
“Point of Contact”: www.jskonlineacademy.com; email@example.com
“System”: means any online communications infrastructure that JSKOA LLC makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users”: means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by JSKOA LLC and acting in the course of their employment;
“Website”: means the website that you are currently using (www.jskonlineacademy.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain. jskonlineacademy.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions; and
“We/Us/Our”: means JSKOA LLC, a company incorporated with the Jeff Speakman Kenpo 5.0 organization, and owner of JSKOA LLC.
- Age Restrictions
Persons under the age of 18 should use this Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
- Business Customers
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers procuring Services in the course of business.
- Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of JSKOA LLC, Our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of JSKOA LLC, Our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable protected by United States governed laws and State of New Mexico governed laws for Copyright, Trademark, and Patent for any and all JSKOA property noted above.
- 4.3 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
- Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of JSKOA LLC or that of Our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.jskonlineacademy.com without Our prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires Our express written permission. To find out more please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of Communications Facilities
- 8.1 When using any System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- 8.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 8.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 8.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 8.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 8.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- 8.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of JSKOA LLC or Our affiliates;
- 8.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorized mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”: and
- 8.1.8 You must not use for any illegal, unlawful, or criminal purpose or activity.
- 8.2 You acknowledge that JSKOA LLC reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 8.3 You acknowledge that JSKOA LLC may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 8.4 You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- Payment Terms
- 9.1 Monthly tuition: By purchasing monthly student tuition subscription, you agree to an initial and Recurring Monthly Subscription fee at the then-current Monthly subscription rate, and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time, subject to the terms of “11.Termination and Cancelation” in this policy
- 9.2 Annual/semi-annual tuition: By purchasing an annual/semi-annual student tuition subscription, you agree to an initial pre-payment for one full year (annual) or Six months (semi-annual). After term of agreement and thereafter, you will be billed a Recurring Annual or Semi-annual Subscription renewal Fee at the then current annual/semi-annual subscription rate. We will notify you before the renewal fee is billed. You may cancel your annual/ semi-annual subscription at any time before the next billing cycle, subject to the terms of “11.Termination and Cancelation” in this policy.
- 9.3 “Initiation and Development period” A minimum of 4 (four) months commitment from the date of initiating student tuition agreement and recurring payment. During this period you may NOT CANCEL YOUR AGREEMENT. After the 4 month “Initiation and Development period” you may cancel your membership subject to terms of section “11.Termination and Cancelation” in this policy.
- 10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Website you represent and warrant that:
- 10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorized orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be canceled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorized provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorized nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- Termination and Cancellation of Membership Accounts
- 11.1 Either JSKOA LLC or You may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If We terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be canceled and provision of Services will not commence.
- 11.3 JSKOA offers refunds for signup payments and annual subscription renewal payments if you contact us within 7 days from the time of the payment.
- We only allow one refund per customer
- We don’t offer refunds for signup payments after 7 days from the time of the payment
- We don’t offer refunds for annual subscription renewal payments after 7 days from the time of the payment
- We don’t offer refunds for monthly subscription renewal payments
- 11.4 For JSKOA membership no refund shall be payable toward purchase, following the 7 day grace period noted above, due to the downloadable nature.
- 11.5 All subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the billing period at the then-current Fees for the Services. Cancellations of the current subscription take effect at the end of the current billing period. For example, if your monthly subscription period ends on the 15th of every month, and you cancel on the 20th, you’ll continue to have full access until the 15th of the following month, but you won’t be charged again after that. You may cancel your paid subscription anytime before your subscription renewal date. Once you cancel your paid subscription, you won’t be charged again.
- 11.6 Cancellation: Following the 4 month “initiation and development period” (noted in section 9.4) you may terminate your contracted monthly student tuition at any time, please send written notice 7 days prior to your next billing cycle to email@example.com Include the following in the written cancelation notice:
- Name of student, Date of effective cancelation, email address linked to student account, reason for canceling (optional)
- 11.7 Non-Payment Received. If we do not receive payment from your credit card provider or if your credit card expires or is rejected, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand, billed through invoice. We may require you to provide a second valid credit card before continuing to use the Services. You authorize us to charge outstanding fees and other amounts to to Us against any credit card you have on file with us. We reserve the right to take all steps necessary to collect amounts due from you, including but not limited to legal action and/or using 3rd party collection agencies.
- 11.8 If your account is more than 30 days past due your account you will no longer have access to your account until your account is at zero balance.
- 11.9 If your account is more than 30 days past due, and is forwarded to collections agency, you will additionally be liable for any recovery fees charged by the agency.
- 11.10 You are solely responsible for any and all fees charged to your credit card by the issuer, bank, or financial institution including, but not limited to, membership, overdraft, insufficient funds, and over the credit limit fees. You agree to notify us about any billing problems or discrepancies within 60 days after they first appear on your credit card statement. If you do not bring them to our attention within 60 days you agree to waive the right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
- Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all general descriptions of Services available from JSKOA LLC correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements and circumstances. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.8 for incorrect Services.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Plan of Services.
- 12.3 We neither represent nor warrant that such Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
- 12.6 We may modify the price, content or nature of the Services at any time. At our sole discretion, we may grandfather in the prices of certain members based on factors such as sign up date and good standing.
- 12.7 JSKOA will notify members receiving such grandfathered rates prior to the implementation of any price change. We may provide notice of any such changes by email, notice to you upon log-in, or by publishing them on the website.
- 12.8 All prices on the Website do not include VAT. In accordance with HM Revenue & Customs VAT Notice 700/1 (February 2014) and supplements thereof, JSKOA LLC is not yet liable for VAT and therefore not VAT registered and does not possess a VAT number.
- Orders and Provision of Services
- 13.1 No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order confirmation email will there be a binding contract between JSKOA LLC and you.
- 13.2 Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin and shall contain the following information:
- 13.2.1 Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- 13.2.2 Fully itemized pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- 13.2.3 Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
- 13.2.4 User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 13.3 If We, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 13.4 Payment for the Services shall be taken via your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup fee that corresponds to the service plan you purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during the previous month (“billing cycle”) AND/OR as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 13.5 JSKOA LLC shall use all Our reasonable endeavors to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade practice.
- 13.6 In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections are made within five (5) working days.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your Order.
- 13.7 JSKOA LLC provides technical support via our online support forum. JSKOA LLC makes any effort possible to respond to support requests during US business hours (9am to 5pm MST), but we do not guarantee a particular response time.
- Cancellation of Orders and Services
We want you to be completely satisfied with the Products or Services you order JSKOA LLC. If you need to speak to us about your Order, then please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our address (see section 1 above). You may cancel an Order that we have accepted or cancel the Contract. If any Specific Terms accompanying the Service contain terms about canceling the Service, the cancellation policy in the Specific Terms will apply.
- 14.1 If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is confirmed and the contract between JSKOA LLC and you is formed and ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date. If you change your mind about the Services within this period and wish to cancel your order, please inform Us immediately using the following email: email@example.com. Your right to cancel during the cooling off period is subject to the provisions of sub-Clause 14.2.
- 14.2 As specified in sub-Clause 13.6, if the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you are required to make an express request to that effect. By requesting that the Services begin within the 14 calendar day cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 14.2.1 If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel after the Services are complete.
- 14.2.2 If you cancel the Services after provision has begun but is not yet complete you will still be required to pay for the Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel. The amount due shall be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Services and the actual Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Services shall be refunded subject to deductions calculated in accordance with the foregoing. Refunds, where applicable, will be issued within 5 working days and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- 14.3 Cancellation of Services after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed shall be subject to the specific terms governing those Services and may be subject to a minimum contract duration.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- 16.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 16.2 We may use your personal information to:
- 16.2.1 Provide Our Services to you;
- 16.2.2 Process your payment for the Services; and
- 16.2.3 Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 16.3 In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase Services on credit), and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- 16.4 We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- 17.1 We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 17.4 Whilst We use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
- Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If We are required to make any changes to these Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
- Availability of the Website
- 19.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. JSKOA LLC uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 19.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- 19.3 We accept no liability for any disruption of internet, non-availability or connection issues for virtual real time classes provided on the Zoom Platform for either User or JSKOA LLC interface.
- Limitation of Liability
- 20.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
- 20.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts JSKOA LLC liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of JSKOA LLC
- 20.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts JSKOA LLC liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- 20.4 In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and JSKOA LLC.
- 24.1 All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 24.2 We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and JSKOA LLC shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law New Mexico, USA and JSKOA LLC and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Mexico, USA.